Ethos Lending is a Khosla Ventures backed series B startup, with a mission to automate the trillion dollar mortgage industry. Founded in 2013, Ethos Lending (“Ethos”) is a next-generation mortgage software company and direct lender that originates high-quality loans at amongst the lowest price points in the country. Leveraging technology, Ethos has re-engineered the mortgage supply chain, creating a highly intuitive, transparent and efficient experience for the consumer and mortgage broker. Through data-driven decisions, our loan data engine automates workflows and processes resulting in high throughput and reduced risk, while accelerating the loan process.
We need talented, passionate and out of box thinkers who challenge the status quo, working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our users.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the curation and stewardship of our data. You will be designing and maintaining processes around large volume data ingestion, clean-up, and processing that meet the needs of millions of agents, brokers, and home buyers. You’ll work with a variety of teams to understand their data pipeline needs and come up with innovative solutions. You’ll work with a team of engineers and collaborate with product managers and designers to investigate new data sources, monitor data quality issues, and set policies for future data collection.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
• 3+ years of Data Warehouse and ETL design and implementation
• Exposure to R, Tableau
• Advanced SQL skills and solid Python and shell scripting skills
• Experience building and maintaining a data dictionary
• Knowledge master data management best practices
• Knowledge of data quality and cleansing techniques
• Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate data technologies and architectures
Nice to haves:
• Experience with Java, Scala, and Spark
• Current experience developing and deploying applications to public cloud (Azure or AWS)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.