Are you eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? Do you like building state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems? Do you wish your current role had the excitement and energy that comes from working in young, exceptionally fast growing tech companies?
Ignite Technologies has a portfolio of software and SaaS business solutions that transform how some of the world’s largest companies use analytics and data to realize their go-to-market strategies and execution. We are seeking a Data Scientist to develop and lead projects that improve the value of the solutions through application of the science in algorithms and ideas. The main focus at this time will be on Ignite’s FirstRain solution.
Ignite’s FirstRain SaaS-based analytics solution, monitors internal and external business conditions and detects trends, using information extraction, filtering, analysis, and personalized delivery technologies to help clients stay on top of their own businesses and the markets in which they operate.
FirstRain is a web-based intelligence and analytics solution that delivers highly targeted, real-time information from the web, as well as internal content, customized to the role of each business professional. The analytics provides vital information on the user’s target markets, industries, and customers, enabling a more consultative “outcome-based” client engagement strategy.
We are seeking a data scientist with an interest in large data sets (especially English language text), and a willingness to experiment with custom algorithms and ideas. When ideas demonstrate value, the data scientist leads the implementation of projects to bring this value to life. We specialize in technologies for world-class document classification and the discovery of structures in unstructured text. We focus on a wide and rapidly growing set of business domains.
- Main focus on building state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems for information extraction from documents.
- Ability to train and tune a variety of machine learning models.
- Build both supervised and semi-supervised models within un-structured and semi-structured environments.
- Feature engineering using domain knowledge
- Perform data and error analysis in order to improve models and understand their shortcomings.
- Experiment and develop machine learning algorithms for tasks including text classification, clustering, embedding, sequence labeling, seq2seq learning, information extraction and online semi-supervised learning
- Deploy machine learning models used in large scale systems
- Take ownership of the whole end-to-end machine learning systems – from data processing, training, optimization to real-time monitoring and maintenance
- Build high-leverage tools for data collection, model training/testing, feature extraction, and more
Experience and Background
- Needs to be hands on with experiments and execution.
- Experience and interest in many of the following areas is desired:
- Applied statistics and probability
- Machine learning algorithms and processes
- Feature engineering and refinement
- Investigation of public data sources
- Systems for large scale, automated data collection and analysis
- Application usage analysis
- Predictive analytics
- Tools for structured data storage and retrieval
- Data storage and analysis tools: e.g. SQL, Solr, Spark
- Experience with Natural Language Processing methods is desired
- Meaningful experience analyzing English language text-based data sets.
- Experience executing document clustering in both supervised and unsupervised scenarios.
- Advanced degree in one of the following; Computer Science, AI, Deep Learning, Data Science or other programming/data focused field.
- 5-10 years of experience with complex, self-directed data analysis.
- High quality internet connection as our team uses VOIP calling frequently.
- A working webcam and microphone
Total compensation: $50 per hour ($100K yearly)
Location: Global (remote)
40 productive hours per week
Our clients, which include Fortune 100 and Global 2000 organizations and are well-known throughout the world, use FirstRain to help their teams be domain experts in the business of their clients, to transform their customer engagement strategies to focus on desired business outcomes and to differentiate their sales teams from their competitors based on how they sell versus what they sell. FirstRain is fully integrated into various enterprise platforms including Salesforce.com, has an enterprise grade API and can also be used on mobile apps, including iPads, iPhones or Android devices.
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time – so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
To apply for this job please visit app.crossover.com.