Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, wherever, whenever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
So, what’s the role?
Our fast-growing Operations team is looking for new ninjas who are passionate about international transfers and currencies, love to help customers and want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Would you love this job?
- Yes, if you would like to know more about how money moves around the world
- Yes, if you love complicated situations and investigating problematic transactions
- Yes, if you are into figuring out the technical side of payments processing
- Yes, if you are excited about the prospect of working with an incredibly international customer base and team
- No, if you prefer routine and changes get you stressed out
What do you need to have?
- Expert level of English
- Any other extra language is an advantage
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in your work pattern – we work day and night for our customers
- You live in Tampa, FL
What you’ll do day-to-day.
- Ensure timely and compliant payments processing – keeping an eye on the payments engine and taking care of payments which need manual intervention
- Solve payments’ related problems
- Act as a point of contact between TransferWise and our partners
- Assist with accounts reconciliation
- Work with the Customer support team to make our customers happy
- Work with the product and development teams to identify actionable areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the Operations teams in Europe
You should have:
- 1 – 3 years of experience in responsible specialist role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexibility in working hours
- Punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions in critical situations
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Nice to haves:
- Finance or banking background
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental care, vision, life insurance, LTD, travel assistance, and an EAP program.
- Stock options
- PTO, sick time, birthday off, volunteer day off, flexible and dependent care spending accounts.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at email@example.com. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.
To apply for this job please visit transferwise.com.