We’re the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Vehicle Technicians will maintain and repair Cruise’s fleet of Autonomous Vehicles with the goal of maximizing the fleet utilization rate.
- Maintain and update vehicles to keep the fleet operational while focusing on minimizing vehicle downtime
- Maintain high standards of correct diagnoses, first-time fixes, and timeliness
- Always perform work with safety being top priority
- Work with Test Engineers and operations team to optimize scheduling process for vehicle repairs
- Assist Test Engineers to bring fleet up to date with current software and hardware
- Diagnose vehicle accurately and create a repair order stating the diagnosis, procedure performed, and parts required
- Maintain detailed online database of vehicle issues & repair history
- Manage parts inventory levels and supply chain
- Proactively communicate key field insights related to vehicle issues to headquarters and stay up-to-date on current policies and procedures
- Stay current on continuing education and training requirements
- Conduct test drives to ensure issues have been resolved
- 4+ years of experience as a vehicle technician or equivalent automotive education
- Automotive refrigerant recovery & recycling certification (EPA 609)
- Relevant vehicle technician state licensing
- Strong computer skills
- Proven track record showing a strong background with emphasis on safety, quality of work, and technical aptitude
- Able to anticipate future issues and mitigate them before they become operational setbacks
- Strong communication skills
- Able to juggle numerous projects simultaneously with ease
- Comfortable with change and the pace of a startup
- Willingness to travel to other regional offices for training and ongoing reporting
- Electric or hybrid vehicle repair and diagnosis experience
- Specialty automotive experience
- Engineering or technical background
- ASE certifications
- GDS2 experience
- Manufacturer certifications
- GM Certified
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.